September 15, 2008

You win some you lose some

The other day Olivia got a little flyer in her backpack about tryouts for the local play Hansel and Gretel. I asked Olivia if she would like to try out....

Me: "Olivia do you want to tryout for this play? It's Hansel and Gretel."

Olivia: "Ya! I love that story! I could be Gretel."

Me: "Olivia, I think you're too young to be Gretel. They'll Probably give it to someone older."

Olivia: "That's OK, I'm REALLY good at witches! EHH HE HE!(SO CUTE!)

Me: "That was really good Liv, but I think the smaller children don't get the main parts." Do you still want to do it?

Olivia : Sure!
This is a picture of when Olivia was 2.

So, today we went to the auditions for two hours. There were mostly little kids like Olivia. She didn't get a part in the play. She was really shy. The older kids got parts whether they could act or not because there weren't enough of them to go around. I felt bad for Olivia, she took it pretty hard. We told her we were very proud of her for even trying out then, we bought her a chocolate shake. I figure, it's a learning experience for her and we'll try again next year.