February 6, 2009

Whoops!

The other day Emmett and I asked Ethan how school went that day.....

Ethan: "I messed up."

Me: "What did you mess up?"

Ethan: "I don't want to talk about it."

Me and Em: "We're your parents, Ethan, you can tell us anything."

Ethan: "Well, Cheyenne (the girl Ethan has a crush on) gave me a letter that said, 'will you be my boyfriend. Yes or no. Check the box'.

Me: "So, what did you do?"

Ethan: "I checked the "yes" box."

Me: "So, you're Cheyenne's boyfriend now?"

Ethan: "No, Cheyenne just gave me the note, but the note was from Sarah!" I thought the note was from Cheyenne. That's why I checked "yes".

Me (laughing): "So, are you Sarah's boyfriend now?"

Ethan: "NO!"

Girls are such tricksters sometimes!

What a catch!!!!

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

Oh, poor Ethan!

If it helps him feel any better, you can tell him I messed up too. In fact, I do it all the time.