August 26, 2008

Zonk


I have some very bad news. Ethan's pet tiger salamander, Zonk, died yesterday.
We have had him for a little over a year. He was Ethan's birthday present when he turned 7. We ALL really thought he was great though. Yesterday, Olivia cried so hard, she couldn't eat her dinner. Ethan cried some too. I almost cried. It really stinks when a pet dies. He was a good pet to have. He didn't demand attention and it was fun to watch him eat the crickets.

I think he might have committed suicide. He got really bloated, he felt like what I imagine those SHREK frog balloons would feel like. I asked the dude at the store where we bought him "what is wrong with our salamander? He looks really fat all of the sudden, and he won't eat anything". The guy just said that sometimes they get bloated and to try feeding him a moth. OK- YA-RI-IGHT. Anyway, so yesterday I misted him with water and he ran into his pool and submerged himself and there he stayed until we pulled him out.

We are having a funeral for him today, when Ethan comes home from school because he insisted that Zonk is just in some sort of catatonic state that he'll come out of by morning. Nope! Didn't happen. Poor Ethan.

I was like, can't we just get another one just like him, and call him Zonk, and pretend that none of this ever happened?

I don't know what it is, but, I really liked this salamander. He will be missed by all.

No comments: